Custom Search

Time

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Adelaide, Australia

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Results of D-day

As u all know, yesterday the 18 of june 2008 was the official download day for firefox 3. It starrted from about 2 am on the 18th to the next morning on the 19th. Well before any of you guys quote me on the date and time, I follow GMT+8 for Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate everyone who took part in this event and downloaded firefox 3. Overall, firefox was downloaded about 8 million times
I hope that would create a record and currently at 10, 281, 582* downloads. The United States has 3, 234, 741* downloads making it the No.1 . Well Malaysia have 37, 190* downloads and for our beloved neighbour Singapore (which i could not find on the map without zooming) with 37, 050* downloads. "Malaysa Boleh"

Well its sad to say that Malaysian was behind the Singaporean while the atempt for record was on. However, Malaysia still boleh but we do not understand the importance of being time [lol, dam true].

So the big question most people would ask "How much better, is it compared to the older version? ", well good question and a resonable one. As for me I felt a much improved loading time of firefox 3 [I was online gaming and using firefox] when compared to firefox 2 under the same condition.

" Is it true that firefox 3 takes less memory usage???" This is definately true. Before I firefox 3, whenever I am playing online game while surfing the net with firefox 2 [of course] plus openning more than 3 tabs. Instantly, my whole firefox would go white and hang. However now, I can open as many as I like without any problems like the older version. I would say firefox 3 came out in the right time for me [lol].

Yea one more thing to clarify, for those who are wondering what kind of 'lampa' which means lausy [somewhat] coumputer I am using. Currently I am using my laptop to play the online game which starts with the alphabet C and has A, B, & L in it. It is also linked to a 22" monitor.


Credits:
*All above information was
at as 1444, 19th June, GMT+8, from
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord

2 comments:

kienz said...

Brother.. correct me if I'm wrong.. but 'lampa' is the equivalent of lanciao in Hokkien

Anonymous said...

lampa for me i feel is that its ur ballz + scrotum